Director of Transitional Care Services
Homebridge employs a dynamic workforce serving a high risk, high needs population often underserved in our community. As we strive to be a leading provider of community based care in California, we seek a leader to grow our portfolio of innovative transitional care programs from demonstrably successful pilots to thriving enterprises.
The TCS department is currently comprised of two primary programs- the Transitional Care Services Program (TCSP), and Homebridge On-Line. TCSP is a 24/7 on-call service supporting inpatient units and emergency departments in discharging patients safely home with home escort, home care, and care management services. Homebridge On-Line is a home care registry where consumers can search, find, and connect with personal caregivers trained and vetted by Homebridge. Additionally we are on the cusp of launching several new related programs to be housed under the TCS umbrella.
Under the Direction of the Chief Programs Officer, you have the opportunity to lead this exciting expansion. Your responsibilities will be wide ranging from strategic planning, on-call dispatch coordination, marketing of programs, and scaling resources. A successful candidate will be an avid consumer of market research and an eager, successful business developer, interested in developing partnerships with contracted institutions, and increasing client volume and revenue generation. You must be unrelenting in ensuring programs are innovative and aligned with best practices; and have the infrastructural integrity to ensure quality care, positive client health outcomes, high levels of customer satisfaction, and efficient resource allocation.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and implement business plan(s), identifying key markets, potential partners, expansion goals and benchmarks; create and implement the strategies to achieve these objectives
- Engage with senior institution staff to sell programs and negotiate service provision contracts
- Develop and support a team of full time and on-call staff committed to meeting the needs of clients and growing the business
- Develop marketing strategies, materials and communication to increase knowledge, visibility, and use of TCS programs
- Assume overall accountability for programmatic success, ensuring outcomes and productivity standards are set, measured, and met/exceeded
- Uphold contractual SLAs and ensure program profitability and budget accountability
- Participate in budgeting by forecasting revenues, expenditures and setting rates
- Continually assess the quality and volume of services delivered, reviewing data, developing reports, and implementing improvements
- Create and implement systems and structures to ensure efficient, effective, and scalable operations
- Manage the TCS on-call schedule, including covering at least 1 week of on-call duty (24/7) per month (until staffed up), ensuring adequate staffing of care managers and caregivers for all shifts
- Accept referrals from hospital staff, deploy caregivers, build follow up home care schedules, perform care management follow up visits for clients (until staffed up)
- Oversee technical development of the on-line registry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Homebridge’s mission
- Excellent business development skills, with a focus on start-up/early stage business
- Proven success stewarding and growing a business unit from pilot through maturity, assuming a growing management responsibility as roles and responsibilities change
- Experience managing complex programs from a senior leadership level, with a strong emphasis on operational excellence and data-driven analysis
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs, and negotiating win-win agreements
- Strong project management skills; able to choose a course of action, define objectives, and evaluate outcomes, resulting in measurable successes and business growth
- Experience working with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group; able to work and think independently as well as part of a team
- Strength in hiring, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, and empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze financial reports, establish systems and measure outcomes
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and database management software
Education and Experience
Degree in business/public administration or a related social service field, with 3+ years of program/project management experience in the private, non-profit, or healthcare industries. Experience with quality assurance and/or working with complex customer service/customer relationship management models. Experience in overseeing a complex business operation involving scheduling, resource allocation, and/or capacity management. Previous experience managing programs or health care businesses, especially fee for service programs and related contract agreements, compliance, and reporting requirements. A minimum of one year in supervising staff. Experience with senior, disabled adult, and/or medically-complex individuals desirable.
This posting represents the primary job responsibilities of this position. The complete job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Please send resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of TCS” as the subject. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.