Evening Receptionist (Part-Time)
Working at reception, the Receptionist greets and provides information to staff, trainees, guests, and the general public. The Receptionist also provides administrative and clerical support to the San Francisco office staff, as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining a welcoming, supportive, and effective reception department for the benefit of all members of staff, trainees, and guests.
- Greet staff, clients, trainees, vendors, job applicants, and other guests in a friendly and timely manner, both in person and over the phone. Notify the appropriate staff members of their arrival.
- Answer queries from staff, trainees, guests, and the general public.
- Uphold security measures by ensuring that all staff, clients, trainees, vendors, job applicants, and other guests each display a Homebridge badge. Accurately track and distribute temporary badges. Alert management of potential security issues.
- Maintain a professional and organized workspace at the reception area.
- Maintain current knowledge of Homebridge service offerings, staff contacts, and other information, including Training Department courses, schedules, and enrollment procedures.
- Update “white board” with Officer of The Day and Supervisor of The Day.
- Distribute HCP paychecks, schedules, and stipend checks. Ensure signature logs are completed accurately.
- Execute Office Opening Procedure and Office Closing Procedure daily.
- Ability to work a flexible scheduled, i.e., earlier/later work days to accommodate needs of agency, including occasional Saturdays.
- Assist with special projects and various other office duties, as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic office and administrative practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for helping people and resolving problems.
- Self-motivated with a high comfort level working independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Experience working with diverse population.
- Ability to maintain calm in stressful situations.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years experience in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with human services and nonprofits is a plus.
This position is half sedentary, working at a desk in a temperature controlled office, in modular office space or an individual office. Walking, lifting, and material handling are also frequently required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk or computer workstation. The employee is frequently require to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Please send resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Part Time Receptionist” as the subject.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.