Home Care Provider - San Francisco
As a Home Care Provider (HCP) you have the opportunity to provide high-quality home care and supportive services to the elderly and people with disabilities, helping them to live safely and independently in their homes. As part of your job, you will complete Homebridge’s 78 hour Home Care Provider Basic Training Course held onsite at our San Francisco office.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Basic housekeeping: vacuuming, dusting, dishes, trash removal, bathroom cleaning, etc.
- Complete laundry services: washing, drying, ironing, folding, carrying to/from facility, etc.
- Assistance with walking, moving from place to place inside the home, pushing a wheelchair
- Bathing: cleaning the body, assistance in/out of tub or shower, bed baths, managing faucets, etc.
- Assistance with dressing and undressing, grooming and overall hygienic needs
- Assistance with self-administration of medication, bubble packs and refilling medi-sets
- Accompanying clients to doctors, dentists and other health care practitioners as required
- Meal planning, preparation and storage
- Changing bed linen and remaking of bed
- Reasonable shopping and errands
- Bowel and bladder care
- Prosthesis care and assistance
- Range of motion exercises
- A patient and caring personality and a sincere desire to help people in need
- Dependable and able to work and travel in all areas of San Francisco
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and responsible decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Knowledge of basic domestic chores including cooking and cleaning
- Basic arithmetic
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, or Tagalog desired
- Must be legally eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Must pass a background check and Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Must have basic comprehension of written and verbal English and arithmetic
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, including 1 weekend day and holidays
Client apartments, rooms, homes and other venues so that services can be provided. May include contact with clients with mental health and/or personal hygiene issues. Frequent travel: must be able to travel on foot, via public transportation or personal vehicle to all parts of San Francisco to perform job duties. May occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions while traveling to clients.
- Ability to walk up and down a minimum of two flights of stairs and carry 15 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and remain physically active for duration of shift
- Ability to bend down and forward at the leg and spine; kneel on one of two legs
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Ability to walk a minimum of two city blocks
How to apply
Please pick apply online by going to http://www.homebridgeca.org/careers/
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.