Junior Accountant/Accounting Clerk
Homebridge is seeking a Junior Accountant to work in our main office in San Francisco. The Junior Accountant is responsible for accurate and efficient AP processing as well as general accounting and administrative department tasks. The Junior Accountant also provides administrative support to ensure the overall efficient operation of the Accounting department. No CPA is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the timely and accurate payment of accounts payable and developing and maintaining an efficient process. Duties include: sets up vendors, codes invoices, generates vendor checks, makes selected journal entries, maintains A/P files. Monitors Invoices inboxes daily and logs invoices and due dates into Abila/MIP.
- Reviews invoices and approvals for accuracy and completeness. Resolves payment or billing issues as needed.
- Reconciles credit card statements and enters transactions into accounting system. Enforces policies, collects all required documentation and receipts. Monitors employee usage of company credit cards and select accounts, including transportation accounts, and maintains records of these assets.
- Processes stipend checks for Training department students. Works with Training department to develop and maintain appropriate checks and balances and ensure accuracy.
- Prepares and distributes yearly form 1099s.
General Department Duties
- Implements client management funds including distributing cash, maintaining accurate records, balancing accounts and requesting replenishment.
- Maintains records for petty cash and distributes cash.
- Prepares and reconciles bank deposit activity, imports into accounting software.
- Generates monthly share of cost invoices to clients, applies share of cost to DHCS Medi-Cal, and prepares report for the Program department.
- Orders, handles, and distributes Commuter Checks to employees.
- Maintains Calendaring and filing systems
- Assists with audit and financials statement preparation as needed, including preparing transaction journals for review by Accounting Manager/Controller.
- Acts as the Administrative face of the Accounting team, acting on behalf of and at the Direction of the Controller and CFO, so excellent people and office admin skills are required, as is a strong work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly accurate, detail-oriented and organized, with impeccable integrity.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to engage in both preventative and responsive problem solving.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and complete work accurately for established deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word). Basic knowledge of accounting software (MIP/Abila) is a plus. Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar programs is helpful. Ability to learn and adapt to new computer technology and programs.
Education and Experience
A.A. degree required; Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred. One to two years of experience in an entry or mid-level professional accounting role.
This is intended to be a 3-month temporary or temp-to-hire job.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Accountant” as the subject.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.