Homebridge is a dynamic work environment with 400+ unionized field workers and 80+ internal office staff. We serve a high risk, high needs population often underserved in our community. We seek a driven, mature, and effective Recruiter to join our staff of dedicated workers in support of the community we serve.
You have the opportunity to lead the recruiting and onboarding efforts across the organization- encompassing executive and G&A for both our San Francisco and San Mateo offices, in addition to the high volume recruiting effort that is our field workforce (SF only). Reporting to our Director of Human Resources, you will build relationships with hiring managers across the organization to develop successful recruiting practices, leading to high retention rates, and manage our Recruiting Coordinator who provides administrative support to all recruiting and onboarding, and serves as a recruiter and interviewer as needed.
If you are interested in high volume recruiting for social services positions, and have experience building fruitful relationships with workforce development agencies, attending job fairs, and providing supportive onboarding to all staff, we want to meet you!
Essential Job Functions
- Be the example of excellent customer service to all stakeholders- internal and external!
- Draft compelling marketing programs and materials to draw qualified candidates to Homebridge!
Home Care Provider (HCP) Workforce
- Lead the Home Care Provider recruitment program- sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding; personally conduct most of the interviews
- With the HR Director, develop a plan for high volume hiring of qualified and interested applicants to increase retention rates
- Develop strong working relationships with external partners- ie workforce development agencies, schools and universities, and vocational programs, to create a constant pipeline
- Represent Homebridge at career fairs and Open Houses, and speak at local agencies to educate the community about our employment opportunities
- Develop candidate selection criteria and train internal staff on these metrics in addition to interviewing compliance and best practices
- Supervise and mentor our Recruitment Coordinator
- Serve as the HR representative in re-hire decisions
- Uphold local, state, and federal employment laws, ensuring fair and compliant hiring
General and Administrative
- Develop strong working relationships with hiring managers to determine hiring needs and create recruitment plans in alignment with strategic company goals
- Conduct full cycle G&A, technical, and social services recruiting: review resumes, conduct phone screens, present candidates to hiring managers, serve as HR representative in hiring decisions, conduct reference checks, make verbal offers, draft offer letters
- Manage candidates through the interview and offer process, including offer negotiations
- Identify effective and fair assessment and selection strategies, and train hiring managers and interviewers on appropriate implementation
- Work closely with Director of HR to understand the future growth of the organization, anticipate and plan for hiring needs, and maintain a healthy pipeline
- Present interview metrics/new hire updates at weekly recruitment meetings, and maintain open communication with management regarding progress and recruitment efforts
- Uphold agency relationships for temporary staffing needs
- Monitor and constantly reduce the cost of the recruitment process
- Minimum 2 years experience recruiting and interviewing candidates; non-profit experience preferred
- Superior customer service toward internal and external stakeholders, solid decision making and mature communication in sometimes challenging encounters
- Excellent time management skills to navigate various stakeholders and competing priorities in a fast moving, evolving organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public presentation
- Knowledge of employment laws, HR best practices, and recruiting and sourcing vendors
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree
This position is primarily sedentary, working at a desk in a temperature controlled office, in a modular space or individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk or computer workstation. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recruiter” as the subject. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.