Service Delivery Scheduler (Bilingual Cantonese)
Under the direction of the Service Delivery Manager – Schedulers the Service Delivery Schedulers at Homebridge schedule and confirm uninterrupted delivery of services to senior and functionally impaired adults requiring homecare services to continue living independently in the community. The SDS carefully matches appropriate Home Care Providers (HCP), to approximately 130 clients, ensuring clients receive a maximum number of service hours and HCPs have consistent work hours in compliance with Homebridge’s contract provisions, policies and procedures, and within the scope of the agency’s resources and mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules approximately 6,700 hours of HCP visits to clients a month
- Assigns HCPs based on Client Care Plans created by Case Managers and agreed upon by clients within 5 days of referral, ensuring a maximum of client hours with the fewest number of HCPs possible in accordance with Consistency Standards
- Matches, schedules, and dispatches HCPs to clients’ homes, on a permanent and emergency basis in a timely fashion, only making permanent changes to schedules with approval of Case Managers, unless specific human resources or safety concerns are present
- Prints and provides semi-monthly schedules and Client Care Plans to HCPs
- Creates, maintains and monitors client/HCP schedules using scheduling software, creating full HCP schedules with limited travel time and breaks in schedules
- Ensures high risk clients are served in a timely manner and other clients receive service within 4 hours
- Accepts and handles calls transferred from the Lockout Program Assistant
- Informs clients of schedule changes and rescheduled visits
- Brings client issues to the attention of the Case Manager
- Should the client require paramedical services or complex care, ensures HCPs scheduled have been trained; informs HCP Supervisor if a need for training is observed
- Informs Service Delivery Manager of potential scheduling issues
- Discusses scheduling issues with HCP Supervisors
Tracking and Monitoring
- Inputs data into Procura regarding, but not limited to, HCP attendance, tardiness, complaints from clients and potential fraud, and prepares reports as requested
- Runs No Call/No Show reports a minimum of three times a day; calls scheduled HCP immediately if No Show; calls client immediately; reassigns HCP as requested by client
- Completes HCP timekeeping semi-monthly, integrating paper timesheets with electronic entries involving complex calculations for regular pay, overtime, travel, emergency, and holiday pay; ensures accuracy of entries
- Monitors HCPs’ schedules during timekeeping to ensure appropriate documentation of worked hours, travel time and presence of lunch break; communicates problems to the SDM- Schedulers and HCP Supervisors for follow up
- Monitors and reports to SDM - Schedulers overtime and under-utilization of HCP time
- Ensures fully benefitted HCPs on their HCP caseload are working at least 35 hours a week
- Performs Visit Maintenance frequently to ensure accurate timekeeping records are in place
Team Member Duties
- Shares lockout phone duties to support Homebridge services including emergency scheduling and handling client emergencies
- Provides Program Assistant - Employees with data for monthly reports on HCP attendance and activiti es
- Writes clear Dated Notes in database contemporaneously with the event described
- Follows-through on outstanding issues and documents outcomes
- Follows correct distribution for Dated Notes to ensure full notifications
- Complies with Welfare & Institutions Code (W&I) section 15630(a) California law (mandated reporter) requiring IHSS Consortium employees to report known or suspected abuse of dependent adults or elder, immediately by telephone or as soon as practically possible, and by written report with two (2) working days (W&I) section 15630(b)
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is committed to the agency’s mission to delivery of high-quality services
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and a quick learner of proprietary software
- Proven ability to meet performance expectations and deadlines
- Very strong communication skills, orally and in writing
- Ability to speak clearly and give instructions and directions by telephone
- Ability to create and analyze reports
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team, and independently
- Highly personable, open, flexible and able to deal with interruptions
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced, client driven environment
Education and Experience
College graduate, 1-2 years’ experience working in an environment handling complicated logistical matters related to service delivery and customer service. In lieu of college degree, 2-3 years as a logistics expert in service delivery is required.
*Bilingual Cantonese REQUIRED.
This position is primarily sedentary, working at a desk in a temperature-controlled office, in modular office space or an individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk or computer workstation. The employee is frequently require to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Service Delivery Scheduler” as the subject OR fax both to 415-659-5358.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.