Support and Retention Coordinator
Under the direction of the Service Delivery Manager – Workforce Development the Support and Retention Coordinator assesses, supports and trains newly hired Home Care Providers (HCPs). HCPs provide home care services to the frail elderly and people with disabilities requiring home care services to continue living independently in the community. This position provides hands-on training and demonstration during recruitment, hiring, training, and the first 120 days of employment. This position also provides classroom and program support to the Homebridge Training Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses HCPs skills during their probationary period, through scheduled and unscheduled visits in clients’ homes.
- Provides feedback and encouragement for HCPs in their work.
- Conducts biweekly observations of all assigned HCPs during their 120 day on-boarding period in clients’ homes.
- Conducts biweekly trainings to all assigned HCPs; collaborates with HR, SDM, and Training in developing and planning training curriculum.
- Creates a data tracking system for employee names, dates of hire, timing of probationary period, dates of Coordinator’s visits, and comments about recommendations as well as skills taught/activities during visits.
- Identifies HCPs who need additional support; develops support plan to ensure appropriate training is provided to assist HCP in being successful in their roles.
- Documents visits in Procura no later than 2 days following visits.
- On a weekly basis produces a report on visits, activities and observations.
- Regularly communicates with SDM-WD and provides feedback and recommendations about HCP performance, areas of strength and areas to continue to develop.
- Follows up on reports that identify HCPs who might require early intervention/coaching related to attendance, and other policy violations; assists HCPs as indicated.
- Models Homebridge service standards and performance expectations; reminds HCPs of standards during visits.
- Conducts client/HCP introductions to facilitate a smooth working relationship.
- Provides hands-on training and skills demonstrations in the client’s home and in the Homebridge Training Program classroom.
- As requested provide support and training to HCPs beyond their on-boarding period.
- Assesses HCP performance; documents areas needing improvement; observes trends in performance issues, reporting to the SDM Workforce Development and solicits input on how to coach, documents coaching as appropriate.
- Seek guidance and collaboration with HCP Supervisors to ensure consistent coaching of HCPs.
- Investigates allegations of fraud and poor performance by gathering information in the office and in the field; meets with HCP and invited Union Representative if needed.
- Monitors HCPs’ schedules to ensure compliance with policies and procedures related timekeeping duties. Communicates problems to the SDM- Workforce Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is committed to the agency’s mission to delivery of high-quality services.
- In-depth knowledge of home care provider responsibilities, standards and proper techniques, proven ability to demonstrate proper techniques.
- Able to observe application of HCP skills and assess effectiveness and safety compliance.
- Able to provide positive and constructive feedback that will improve job performance.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player and quick learner who can focus on tasks at hand.
- Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic personality.
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and quick learner of proprietary software.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to give presentations.
- Self-organized, can prioritize competing assignments, and multi-task.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret memoranda, general business correspondence and reports.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Tagalog, or Russian may be required.
Education and Experience
High School or equivalent required. Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide, LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse), or other relevant home care training program required. Two years’ experience in home care or comparable work with the frail, elderly, and people with disabilities. Experience working with target populations, including people of diverse cultural, education, socio-economic, and linguistic backgrounds, and knowledge of related issues.
This position is partially sedentary, working at a desk in a temperature controlled office, in modular office space or an individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent travel: must be able to travel on foot, via public transportation or personal vehicle to all parts of San Francisco for performance of job duties. May occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions while traveling to clients. Some exposure to physical risk. Frequent exposure to client apartments, rooms, homes and other venues so that services can be provided. May include contact with clients with mental health and/or personal hygiene issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to climb stairs, balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SRC - San Francisco” as the subject. For internal applicants, please complete the Internal Job Application (found at Reception) and submit to a Homebridge Receptionist.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.