Under the supervision of the Homebridge Director of Training, the Training Specialist implements and coordinates training programs for San Francisco In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) workers, those who support the elderly and people with disabilities to live independently. You will identify and develop personal care provider training strategies in accordance with national standards to maximize the workforce’s skills to provide high quality care for clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and implement Homebridge Training’s skills development training courses for Homebridge Home Care Providers, San Francisco County IHSS Independent Providers, and San Francisco IHSS Public Authority Registry Providers – herein all referred to as “Provider”
- Develop, coordinate, and present specialized training curricula on topics appropriate to the Provider audience
- Facilitate First Aid and CPR classes for Providers as needed
- Facilitate the training and record-keeping of all Homebridge Training
- Monitor and evaluate the success and effectiveness of Homebridge Training
- In collaboration with the Homebridge Director of Training, prepare and monitor training budget to ensure appropriate funds are requested and utilized
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information, oral and written, and to respond to questions from a variety of individuals including but not limited to: other department employees, managers, Home Care Providers, clients and the general public
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Well organized with excellent planning skills
- Strong initiative with the ability to think independently
- Creative and adaptable
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret memoranda, general business correspondence and reports
- Ability to perform basic calculations, including figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) preferred
- 2-4 years hands-on, directly related work experience developing trainings (curriculum preparation and presentation for home care workers may substitute)
- Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese preferred
This position is both sedentary and mobile. Sedentary: working at a desk in a temperature controlled office, in a modular office space or an individual office. Mobile: in a variety of classroom settings, working and demonstrating skills necessary for all facets of home care, as related our Home Care Provider role. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk or computer workstation. The employee is frequently require to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Training Specialist” as the subject OR fax both to 415-659-5358.
Homebridge is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory, diverse work environment.